0 of 40 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 40 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
2. Which of the following is a function of the heart?
3. How many atria are there within the heart?
4. Which chamber of the heart is supplied de-oxygenated blood via the vena cava?
5. Through which blood vessel does the heart deliver de-oxygenated blood to the lungs?
6. What type of muscle fibre forms the walls of blood vessels?
7. Systolic blood pressure is a measure of the force that blood exerts on the walls of the
8. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) which of the following blood pressure readings is classified as optimal?
9. Where within the chest cavity are the lungs located?
10. What is the name given to the process which allows gaseous exchange to occur within the lungs?
11. What is the name given to the tiny air sacs where gaseous exchange takes place within the lungs?
12. Which of the following muscles relaxes during exhalation?
13. Which of the following describes the passage of air through the respiratory tract?
14. Which one of the following bones protects internal organs?
15. Which of the following forms part of the axial skeleton?
16. Which of the following forms part of the appendicular skeleton?
What type of bone is a carpal
18. Within a long bone the diaphysis is
19. The process of bone formation is called
20. What is the name given to the curve in the lower back?
21. In which of the following would you find cartilaginous joints?
22. Which of the following is a feature of all synovial joints?
23. Which of the following types of synovial joint has the greatest range of movement?
24. Which one of the following actions is available at the wrist joint?
25. Where would you find smooth muscle tissue?
26. Which one of the following types of muscle tissue is voluntary?
27. What is the name of the contractile unit of a muscle?
28. Where is the tibialis anterior muscle located?
29. Where would you find the gastrocnemius?
30. Which of the following is a function of the pelvic floor muscles?
31. What is the name given to a muscle contraction which results in no movement?
32. What action will result from a concentric contraction of the rhomboids?
33. Which of the following statements about type 1 muscle fibres is true?
34. Musculoskeletal implications for 14-16 year olds who exercise regularly include
35. Which of the following food groups is broken down into glucose to provide energy?
36. Which of the following activities would use the CP/PC system as its primary source of energy?
37. Which division of the nervous system is responsible for the interpretation of nerve signals?
38. Which type of muscle contraction leads to a shortening in length?
39. A muscle fibre contracts maximally or not at all. This is known as
40. Regular aerobic exercise can enhance the neuromuscular system by increasing the