To really get the most out of our Personal Trainer qualification, it works really well when you can work through the theory side of the course before participating in the practical workshops.
This will give you great subject knowledge and enable you to fully apply it in a gym environment when we teach you the practical skills that a Personal Trainer needs to have, enhancing your skills even further.
Our next practical workshops will be taking place in Exeter towards the end of January, 2018, This will allow you to complete most, if not all, of the necessary online learning content that is required to become a fully certified and industry recognised Personal Trainer.
If you were to enrol onto our Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing course and our Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training course today, you will be able to access this innovative online content straight away and begin your learning journey. We are receiving great feedback from our students regarding the online content for our courses, the visual element in the learning process is so much better than just learning from a book or an online powerpoint, as it really enables you to understand the theory of our bodies and the principles of training.
Once you start the online content, you are able to learn at your own time and pace with support from our tutors along the way. Once you pass an end of unit exam you are able to move onto the next module, but all modules are there for you to go back to, giving you the ability to recap knowledge and to serve as a reference point along the way.
As part of the online content, you will cover the following:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Training clients for Weight Loss, Strength, Muscle Growth and more…..
It will guide you through all of the necessary theory content that is required to be a knowledgeable and effective Personal Trainer.
By the time our practical workshops come around, you will be in a great position to apply this knowledge to the practical skills of a Personal Trainer.
The workshops that you will be able to book onto are:
- 2 Day Practical Workshop for the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – This will teach you how to coach and train others in a gym environment through a range of free weight exercises, resistance machines and fitness training.
- 2 Day Practical Workshop for the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training – This will take the skills learnt at Level 2 and enhance them by teaching you how to train clients with the advanced training methods such as Interval Training, Supersets/Tri-sets/Giant Sets, Eccentric Training, Circuit Training and much more….
- Strength & Conditioning Lifts, and Crossfit Programming – A 1 day workshop delivered at a Crossfit gym.
- KettleBells/TRX Suspension Training/Focus Pad Boxing Work for Clients – 1 day workshop.
- Group Training in the Outdoors Environment – 1 day workshop.
- Business and Marketing for the Fitness Professional – Evening Lecture
- Advanced Nutrition for Health and Performance – Evening Lecture
If you are considering a career as a Personal Trainer, now is the time to start. Get in touch with us with any questions and allow us to talk you through all the other benefits that you will get through training with us and the many other bolt on courses that we can offer you.
If you are ready to start your learning, simply enrol today by booking the courses through our website. Both the Level 2 and 3 qualifications need to be completed to achieve Personal Trainer status. If you already have your level 2 you can go straight to the Level 3 course.
As soon as you enrol, your unique online Academy will be set up and you can start to learn by logging on through our website or through our App, allowing you to learn on the go.
Enrol Today…. Learn through August and September, be qualified in October. Then work with us to build your own Fitness Business and build a career that you love.
Learn – Inspire – Succeed
This is what our students are saying about us:
“I have been been a fitness enthusiast for as long as I can remember. Over the years I’ve often considered becoming a Personal Trainer, but put it off due to family and work commitments.After working 20 years in banking, I finally made a decision to follow my dream of helping others lead fitter, healthier lives, so I started to research how I was going to make this happen.As a mother of two, working full time, I knew it wasn’t going to be easy juggling childcare, work and studies.I came across Performance Training Academy. I had found a perfect solution giving me an opportunity to study the modules online in my own time. It was manageable and I could work at my own pace.Ashley Hough of Performance Training Academy has been superb, with a wealth of knowledge and being available for guidance.The practical sessions complemented the online studies. This also gave me an opportunity to ask Ash anything I was unsure of. They were also so much fun with like minded individuals.I qualified as a level 3 Personal Trainer in August 2017 and I am excited to be building my own business in the health and fitness industry, and so grateful to the support I received from The Performance Training Academy.”